On April 4th, an episode of "Rescue 911" told a story about a guitar player in a local band that had just purchased a vintage amplifier which had a 2-prong AC cord. When he plugged it in and powered it up, the guitar player recieved a mild shock, probably about 60 volts. He tried reversing the polarity with the switch and then with the AC cord. There was an internal short to the chassis and he recieved a massive SHOCK!
This could have easily killed him. If you own or purchase any amps, etc. that have a 2-prong AC cord, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT plug it in. If you do not know how to convert it to a 3-prong AC safety cord, PLEASE take it to a qualified person and have it converted. Safety has to come first in any profession, so if you're going to play, don't play with your life. You can't jam if you're fried.
Courtesy of Ruby Zaccaria, Consultant